Sunday, January 01, 2006

Peace on Earth

Peace to all.

This morning ay Church we sang “Hark the Herald Angles Sing.”

I’ve always loved that song – though some of the notes are hard to hit!

“Hail the heaven-born Prince of Peace.”

I do wish the world could be a peace. As I travel, I see the signs of so much conflict.

It’s terrible for adults. It’s even worse for the innocent children.

There have been some Christmases I’ve cried.

“Light and life to all he brings.”

Amen. Peace on Earth. May it be so.

Speaking of travels, last night, in my role as Mother Goody (!), I made some deliveries in Eastern Canada. (Some folks also call me Father Time, Mother New Year, Aunt Nancy). I also delivered gifts in parts of Greece, Scotland, and France.

It’s a holdover from the days when gifts were given out at New Years – and in some places where some serious folks tried to ban Christmas.

Ban Christmas! Imagine that. That’s like saying we should ban candy, cookies, puddings and all else that is sweet in life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home