Monday, December 05, 2011

Prefeast whispers, and Krampus arrives

The whispers continue. And the winks. And the sudden silences when I approach.


I'm sure they are up to something to mark my feast day.

But first, the feast itself.

I will be heading out shortly to place candy and coins and some small gifts in shoes for children. Krampus - some people call him Black Peter - arrived two days ago to join me for our annual excursion. He has coal and switches for those who have not been on their best behavior.

Krampus really is a jolly soul - far more jolly than some folks try to picture him. He cares about the children just as I do. And I love sitting with him and remembering our many travels.

I also enjoy the visit back to Holland, where the feast is still celebrated. They have such fine hot chocolate!

Besides, it will take my mind off just what my loved ones here are plotting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home