Monday, December 26, 2011

Fooled!

What a month.

So many orders to fill.

So many problems in the factories that caused delays.

So many elves down with the flu!

So many malls and centers and other places to visit.

And then there was my feast day.

There were whispers and winks and plans afoot indeed. But not for me.

It was all for Krampus!

You see, some of the elves were saddened to hear that children fear him. They know what a good soul he really is, and they thought that unfair. So they planned a party for him.

After we got back from our St. Nicholas Day deliveries, he and I headed over to my house. I was expecting some sort of surprise. And when we walked into my home, sure enough, elves jumped out of every possible corner, hiding place, even the rafters, yelling, "Surprise!"

It took me a second to realize that their cries were all directed at Krampus.

I laughed with delight (and relief), and joined a chorus of, "For he's a jolly good fellow...."

Then the kitchen elves carried in cakes, cookies, pies, candies, and warming beverages.

I was tired, but I found the energy to joyfully join in on the celebration. And Krampus, well, I've never seen him blush so much.

The elves gave him a switch and a lump of coal as a joke, then they gave him a new coat, a new hat, a new pair of boots, all to help him stay comfortable and warm.

He was pleased. So was I.

Merry Christmas to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home