Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pumping over, changes made

The pumping of water into the tunnels below North Pole Village is complete.

The icequakes have ended.

For now.

I still don't know what to do about global warming and the melting of the North Pole ice.

I wish I could do something to halt it - but I don't have that kind of magic.

But we have already made some changes here at the Pole.

I've urged our engineer elves to explore more ways to generate power naturally from water and sun. I've requested that use of snowmobiles and other such vehicles be cut down.

And I've asked the pilots who fly in our mail to cut down on their flights until the mail volume increases.

Little things. But if everyone in the world did the same little things, it would make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home