Friday, March 03, 2006

The flu battle winds down

We are nearly through our battle with the flu.

I am exhausted.

Helping to care for all our sick elves, dwarves and gnomes has kept my dear wife and I on our feet. There were several nights where we took turns working two hour shifts.

The good thing is that we’ve had no deaths. Modern medicines have helped.

Oh, I remember the terrible flu outbreak of 1919 – the one that affected the entire world.

We lost nearly a quarter of the elves. I was haunted by their faces for years.

But now, things have settled. There are still some North Pole residents who are sick, but none seriously. And now there are enough healthy folks to take over the care.

Tonight, I think we will just stay home and enjoy some quiet time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home