Sunday, March 26, 2006

Global warming stopgap

My darling wife fussed over me so much I sometimes went into attic just to have a moment of peace!

It is nice to be so loved, but sometimes ….

A week later, I met with Gimlitin and Eomar.

“It is as bad as you said,” I told Gimlitin. “Now that I’m aware I’ve even noticed the number of ice quakes we’ve been having.”

“We must take action immediately, Santa,” he said.

“And what action would you recommend?” I said.

“Flooding the tunnels.”

“Flooding the tunnels!?” Eomar gasped. “But there are so many and they go so deep. How much water would we need?”

“We can pump in sea water,” Gimlitin said. “But it is only a short term measure.”

“Why?” I asked.

“It’s happening at both the North Pole and the South Pole,” he said. “The ice is melting at a faster rate than normal. The glaciers in Greenland are receding. The ice fields are breaking up and weakening.”

“Global warming?” I asked.

“That seems to be what is making it go faster,” he replied. “Plus, it’ part of the natural cycle anyway.”

“Ah,” I mused. “So this is something that we are going to have to deal with as a world. But for now, we must flood the tunnels.”

They both left.

I sat at my desk wondering how this would affect our other plans, such as the greenhouses.

And I wondered how I could get the word out to the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home