Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well, maybe a little foolish

(Foolishness!)

That’s what my beloved wife said.

(A man of your age – such foolishness!)

Things of that sort.

You see, I went back to the school today. I do so like being with the children.

At lunch, they started a soccer game.

Naturally, I just had to play.

(Foolishness!)

Well, we were having a wonderful game, running up and down the play area outside the school.

(A man of your age!)

I managed to get the ball, and was heading toward the goal.

I was going to score!

(Foolishness!)

When I tripped.

(At your age!)

Actually, I flipped.

(Foolishness! Foolishness!)

And landed on my knee and face…

(Imagine, at your age!)

Bending my glasses, scraping my knee, and bruising my face, which is now swelling.

(Foolishness!)

So tonight I have an ice pack on my face.

And on my knee.

(I don’t know what you were thinking!)

Well, I know what I was thinking.

And I still think it:

Foolishness or not, it was fun!

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

lee, you need to activate word verification or people are going to spam the heck out of you!

(i love this side of you - how cool :) i will blogroll it under my "writers and artists" blogroll...

pax.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Spamming Santa Claus? Have they no shame.

Get well, Santa...and watch your step next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home