Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The trial begins

“Who accuses this woman of witchcraft?” the judge asked.

The farmer stood.

“I do.”

“What did she do?”

“Well,” the farmer said, “You know my farm has always been good.”

From the looks of it, that farm hasn’t been good in years.

“But this year,” the farmer continued, “nothing is growing. You all have that problem.”

Many of the men in the room shook their heads.

“I knew something was wrong,” the farmer said. “Then one night I heard music in the woods.

“I went to find out what was wrong. I took my guard dog, Kaiser. You know he’s tear the arm off anyone who dared come on my land.

“Well, in the woods we saw a fire. We got near, and I saw women dancing. They were naked.”

The farmers all looked at Anna, hungry looks in their eyes. She blushed.

Nicholas started to react, but I shook my head.

“I, I saw them bring out a child,” the farmer went on. “The child was screaming.”

He started to cry. A fine job of acting, I thought.

“I wanted to do something, but I was afraid. I thought of running away.

“But I knew I had to do something. I said, `Go save the child, Kaiser.’ He ran toward the circle where they were dancing. I couldn’t see him in the brush. I started running toward them. Then I heard Kaiser yelp. He ran past me, away form them. Then I saw people moving in the woods toward me. And animals. There were bears. And wolves. And some of the people were changing into animals.”

He stopped and sobbed. The priest patted him on the back. The other men in the room all looked at him sympathetically.

“Go on,” the judge said.

“Kaiser and I ran all the way home. I closed the door and prayed and prayed. We heard sounds outside, but no one came in. In the morning, all my chickens were dead. My cow was dry. Kaiser began to lose weight. Oh, but he was still a good guard dog.

“Then yesterday, that woman came to my gate. You all know Kaiser. He bites anyone except me. Well, she walked right up to the gate, said some strange words, and Kaiser just lay there. He even let her touch him.

“I was in the barn, working, when I saw her. I was about to say something, when it hit me she looked familiar.

“That’s when I remembered. She was one of the ones dancing naked in the woods. She was dancing a witch dance. Naked.”

Now the men really began to look at Anna with hunger.

“She’s a witch. How else would she have such control over Kaiser?”

The priest rose.

I have heard many such tales,” he said. ”The power of the evil one is very strong. That is why our people get sick, our crops fail, our animals die. Even the forest is touched by evil. Trees are dying. How many wild animals have wandered into town? ”

The crowd murmured.

I stood.

“May I speak?”

“I saw him in the woods,” the farmer yelled. “He was the leader. He’s the devil!”

7 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger accordion-5061B4 said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about hot chocolate you sexy thing
. You can check it out at hot chocolate you sexy thing


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Come Visit Santa at his blog and tell him what you want for Christmas,

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Amon said...

Well done on a nice blog Lee Strong. I was searching for information on Christmas games and came across your post The trial begins - not quite what I was looking for related to Christmas games but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Amon said...

Well done on a nice blog Lee Strong. I was searching for information on history of santa claus and came across your post The trial begins - not quite what I was looking for related to history of santa claus but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
Teachers pet
It covers Teachers pet related stuff.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger horseshoe said...

Hello Blogger, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title The trial begins. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse articles related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse articles related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse articles. Thank you and I wish you well .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home