Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Tree-mendous idea

I kept my promise to the reindeer this morning. We took about an hour’s flight.

It was uneventful, and fun.

Of course, there were no gnomes aboard.

All day I have been thinking about the general meeting and the situation with the gnomes and dwarves.

As I mentioned earlier, although they have been with us for short stays - especially when we needed help with the Christmas rush – they have not been a part of the North Pole community for a long times.

Oh, I remember the days when we had elves, fairies, dwarves, gnomes, and even a few trolls living together here at the North Pole.

Gradually, their numbers dwindled. It wasn’t because they were mad and left. Dwarves and trolls are creatures of the earth, and gnomes love fields and forests. At the North Pole all they found was ice and snow. So they drifted away.

The elves are also creatures of nature, but their bond to me was so strong that it overcame their longing for greener realms.

But these gnomes and dwarves with us now say they want to stay. I want them to stay. We are a better place when we are diverse.

So how to keep them happier here? The tunnel idea might just help the dwarves feel more at home.

But for the gnomes?

And then it hit me. A way to help make them feel more comfortable – and a reward for the elves for all they have done for me over the years.

A greenhouse forest!

I can’t wait until the general meeting to spring this idea on them!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home