Sunday, July 31, 2005

Some new residents - and jokes?

The celebration was wonderful.

We held it in the repaired great hall. I though we might to repair it again!

Zbigniew Ting and his family and friends got into the spirit of the evening by teaching us all a dance.

It’s hard to describe, but it leads to dancers being tossed into the air between lines of fellow dancers.

Well, it wasn’t long before human, elves, dwarves, gnomes, and even a certain bear were flying through the air.

Some flew a little too high or a little too far, resulting in elves and dwarves hanging from the lights, several broken tables, and a window that has to be replaced.

Fortunately, no one was hurt – not even the bear when he landed in a barrel of cider!

Today was a quiet day.

Zbignew and his fellow humans left us early in the day, flying back to Canada.

Most of the elves, dwarves and gnomes who had come to help also went home.

Some happy news, though.

A number of dwarves and gnomes decided to stay at the North Pole to work with us. Now we'd had gnomes and dwarves with us for short stays and to help out, but we haven’t had gnomes living here here in nearly 50 years – and it’s been a century since we’ve had dwarves living with us.

I am glad to welcome them. They can add so much to life here.

Besides, they might know some jokes I haven’t heard yet. The North Pole elves ran out new jokes a long time ago.

There’s nothing more that I enjoy than a good laugh – except, maybe a glass of milk and some cookies.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

6 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family

TV Central - Download full TV shows and series, newest movies, plus other downloads. Watch TV and movies online. Burn Them right to Blank CD's and watch them over and over again.

Messenger City - 10,000+ emoticons - Use Yahoo, MSN, ICQ and AIM all in one, skins, nicknames, bots, add-ons, emoticons, avatars and smilies.

Baja música gratis ahora. Busca y encuentra MP3, Películas, Software y más. Downloads ilimitados, Quema CDs & DVDs.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Amon said...

Well done on a nice blog Lee Strong. I was searching for information on Father Christmas letters and came across your post Some new residents - and jokes? - not quite what I was looking for related to Father Christmas letters but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Amon said...

Well done on a nice blog Lee Strong. I was searching for information on santa claus suits and came across your post Some new residents - and jokes? - not quite what I was looking for related to santa claus suits but very nice all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and I've just put the finishing touches to my new site specially for kids, or rather their parents and relatives. You can go there and get Santa to send a really nice personalized letter to a youngster. It's great fun! If you have a moment, perhaps you'd enjoy taking a look: Letter from Santa .

Well, a merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Arlo said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing equipment. I stumbled on to your porst about Some new residents - and jokes? and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing equipment and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks Lee Strong...Cheers!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Arlo said...

I was thinking Lee Strong, I was checking out sources of info on ice fishing tip and I stumbled across your post about Some new residents - and jokes? that you have a great site here. I'm personally working hard at developing an online business around ice fishing tip and I'd like to share this site with some of my own subscribers. Thanks for letting me stop by Lee Strong...I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home