Friday, August 05, 2005

Someone else who will like the trees!

I am excited about my idea for a greenhouse forest!

The gnomes and elves would be so happy.

Of course, it will not be an easy thing to do.

We have some small greenhouses where we grow some food for everyone at the North Pole.

But to build them we had to create a space in the ice, put down layers to protect the plants from the ice below, provide sources of heat and light for the long winter months when there is little or no sun, bring in soil, and cover the growing area with something that will keep in the heat, and keep anyone from the outside from seeing all the green where there should only be the white of snow and ice.

A forest would mean an even bigger challenge.

I must talk to Eidin. He can help with the plans.

The rest of the day was spent moving into the new fireworks factory. He paint is now all dry. We put in cabinets and shelves, and brought in the worktables and machines.

By the end of the day, we were all very tired.

I am looking forward to this weekend. It will be nice ot relax – and to plan the greenhouse.

As I write, Shulun, our dog, is lying at my feet. I wonder what he will think of trees at the North Pole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home