Saturday, July 09, 2005

Retire? Ho! Ho! Ho!

Over the years, I have been asked many times if I have ever thought about retiring.

I can honestly say I have not.

From the moment the Lord asked if I would undertake this ministry, until this very moment as I write, the thought has never crossed my mind.

Oh, there have been times when my heart has been heavy. But that has been because of all the sorrow and suffering I have seen in the world, and especially how they have touched the lives of children.

Rather than making me weary, however, those moment have filled me with renewed energy for my mission.

My task is to bring joy and laughter into the lives of all. By touching lives, I help to give people a sense of hope and comfort even in their darkest momements.

I share with them a taste of God's love - a love that led to that great Christmas gift given to the human race in a stable in Bethlehem 2000 years ago.

Can you imagine anything more satisfying than reminding people of that gift each year? Why would I want to retire from that?

No, until the Lord tells me it's time to come home, I will be Santa Claus.

Besides, I like the cookies here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home