Friday, July 08, 2005

Quotations 1

Over the years, friends have sent me quotations about Christmas – and me.

Some of the quotations are serious.

Some are sentimental.

Some are funny (especially when they poke fun at me!).

Here are a few:

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exists, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.
------- Francis Church, editorial in the New York Sun, Sept. 21, 1897, responding to a
letter from 8-year-old Virginia O'Hanlon

You know you're getting old, when Santa starts looking younger. – Robert Paul

What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.
- Unknown

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. - Mary Ellen Chase

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
--Charles Dickens, Ebeneezer Scrooge, A Christmas Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home