Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunday visit - to Mars?

On Sunday, we went to the home of Geolin, the Elf.

We had a wonderful time. Geolin is a bit of a joker – as are his wife and four children – so we laughed a great deal. I even cried from laughing so much!

After dinner he said, “Let’s go in to the living room for dessert. I have a surprise.”

He led us into the living room, then he popped in a DVD.

It was Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!

I hadn’t seen the movie in years.

It was as bad as I remembered.

Oh, not in a mean spirited way. It was just a bad movie.

Plot, special effects, that polar bear, the robot, the green Martian makeup – all bad.

The fellow who played me wasn’t bad, though he seemed to have trouble with his lines. Nixon is not one of the reindeer!

Then there was the theme song: “Hooray for Santy Claus.”

Hang up that Mistletoe
Soon You'll hear Ho! Ho! Ho!
On Christmas Day
You'll wake up and you'll say
Hooray for Santy Claus

S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S
Hooray for Santy Claus
You spell it S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S
Hooray for Santy Claus
Hooray for Santy Claus
Hooray for Santy Claus


Geolin served us green colored cake for dessert.

As I said, he is a bit of a joker.

I can’t wait until we have him over to our house as a guest.

I have a copy of Plan 9 from Outer Space on video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home