Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Back home

It’s good to be back home at the North Pole.

Of course, there are parts of our visit to Western New York I miss.

We enjoyed several sunny days there when temperatures hit the 60s (F) – and even the 70s.

Yesterday, the sun rose here shortly after 11 a.m., and set around 3 p.m. And when I looked at the thermometer, it was -6.

The elves, gnomes and dwarves have been busy. The extra hands with our new residents have helped us to keep up with the growing demand.

For while the world has changed, my visit showed me that the spirit and joy of Christmas remains.

With all the wars, famines, droughts, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, monsoons, plagues, and assorted other disasters, in fact, I think some people are even more hungry for it than they have been in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home