Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday - some rest

Since I came back from my visit with King Eldinil, things have been very peaceful here at the North Pole.

I haven’t been thinking about the dark forces too much in the past week.

I’ve been thinking about Christmas!

So many toys to make.

So many letters to read.

And, in the coming weeks, a trip to plan.

You see, one of the things I do each year is to visit lands where they believe in me to see how alive the spirit of Christmas is.

I also like to see if that spirit is being misused!

That’s in a few weeks.

Today, it’s Sunday.

Because of my trip last week, Mrs. Claus and I decided to spend a quiet day at home.

Well, relatively quiet.

She sat at the piano and played, and we both sang.

That’s a kind of noise I like!

And tonight, we made some popcorn and I read some poetry. I chose Robert Frost. I always liked his name.

I read one of my favorites, “Birches.”

“…Earth’s the right place for love:
I don’t know where it’s likely to go better.”

Mrs. Claus liked that part. I do too.

But I am also fond of the last line:

“One could do worse that be a swinger of birches.”

I wonder if our greenhouse forest could have some birches? I think I’d like to see some elves, dwarves and gnomes try their luck at swinging.

“Id like to try it once again (it’s been years).

Of course, only when Mrs. Claus wasn’t looking!

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Bully said...

Hi hi hi Santa! I found your blog by accident. I'm glad I did! I'm a little stuffed bull and I try my very hardest to be very very good. I won't ask you for anything 'coz there must be kids who need things more than I do all year 'round an' not just at Christmas.

Anyway, you rock, dude. Thanks for the sled last year. Say hi to Rudolph and your elves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home